Search MY Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Say what? That's not pasta??



Oh Ogre. He is our adorable, loving, cuddly, humorous, sly, furry, fierce cat. We love him so. Even when he sleeps on my side of the bed during the day when I am at work - and sheds all over the blankets - making it a hive-fest for me if I don't notice and crawl into bed without first vacuuming and scrubbing my hands.

Even when he uses our downstairs bath mat as his litter box (several times) throughout the winter.



Even when he wakes you up with the loudest MEOW in the early morning hours to let you know that he wants a treat.

Even when he claws my brand new sweater and leaves pull marks.



We love him so. He is our 'Ogey Pogey', our 'Harry P'ogre', our 'Fat Cat', our 'Ogey Boy' and our 'Ogurt'.

I bought a new kitchen tool the other day - and I am really loving it. I may be addicted. Now, the name is a little 'different' - but once it's out of the package you can call it what you like.

It's the the Veggetti

It's relatively easy to use once you get the hang of it. I have used it to make a thai peanut carrot salad, and a zucchini pasta with a lemon, ricotta sauce.

Carrot Salad with Peanut Sauce



Use the veggetti to spiral carrots. I used 5 carrots. It's best if the carrots are very firm to avoid them breaking off.



Toss it in your favourite peanut sauce, add in cilantro and some chopped unsalted peanuts.



So good. We had this along side chicken skewers that we grilled on the barbeque. I did a quick sauce of soya sauce, honey, garlic and lots of fresh lime juice.



Zucchini 'pasta' with lemon and ricotta sauce



Used the veggetti to spiral two zucchinis.



Sauteed one diced onion. Added in 1/2 cup of white wine, garlic and lots of fresh lemon. Added in the zucchini and tossed. Added in 1/2 cup of ricotta and some italian seasoning. Topped it with some fresh parmesan.



So good. Doesn't it look like fettucini????



So fresh.



These are what were left of the two zucchinis.

I am not sure what will be on the menu next with this - but Challenge Accepted.

Loves.

Enjoy!



























1 comment:

Pilar said...

Ahhh! That looks so freakin' delicious!!! I love the shots of thw food too, I almost feel I can grab to eat it but can't and its so sad and dissapointing. Harry P'ogre is the best name ever! <3