Search MY Blog

Loading...

Thursday, November 7, 2013

I'm back - with a food recipe. Baked eggs for dinner or breakfast!

Hello.
I have been MIA. Oh my MIA.
Missing in action.

A bit of me is a bit embarrassed. I have this food blog that I love, but I just haven't been keeping it up to date. I love it and miss it, and feel that I have sort of dropped the ball - or the kitchen spoon.

And then after my face stops blushing from being red, I remind myself that life has been full. Life has been very busy. I have so much to share; some accomplishments, some travels and then I will get to the good stuff - what started this - a recipe. I have a lot in my 'bank' right now - I just have to pick which one I should do first.

Let me get to what I have been up to:

October 13th: Running for my Life. I completed my very first Half Marathon. 21.09 kilometers. I thought that it would have been my first and last - but the day was so incredible, who knows where my Aasics will take me next. I trained for quite some time for this - and up until 15 minutes before the run started I did not think that I was physically or mentally prepared for this. Under 3 hours later, I realized that I was. The entire day was amazing. From my husband dropping me off for race time, meeting up with my running girls before hand, seeing friends and family along the run, my running girls surprising me at the end, family there to see me cross the finish line and an endless amount of chocolate milk (yes, I totally over indulged - whatevs - I just ran 21.09 km - so that was pretty much my excuse for everything)- it was the perfect day.

That's me in the green - and my hands are up b/c I just noticed my friends there and I couldn't believe that they hung around and waited - full of emotions

What I thought would be horrific, hard, trying on every joint of my body - turned out to be incredible. Don't get me wrong - there were sore joints - but that was really all that I could say would be different if I could change anything.


At the end we were given a medal - I have kept it out on the table, hutch, pretty much anywhere where I can see it. I will probably at some point have to chuck it into a drawer, but for now, it will stick close by.

After a week or two to recover - we then did a much needed vacation to Maui.


Dear Maui,

I love you and miss you. Do you miss me? 

Loves,
C.


Oh friends, that place is magical. I have heard so many people say it, and thought - oh it would be nice to visit some day - and they are all right - and I should have went sooner. We rented a condo in Kehei, right across the street from a great beach. We did a snorkeling tour where we got to see so many amazing fish and swim with turtles. Turtles!!! We did a helicopter tour of the island seeing the most amazing sites. We swam and snorkeled for hours every day. We got up nice and early and sat at our favourite coffee shop and had coffee (well not me) and smoothies. We drove to see some pretty spectacular sites. We watched the sunset almost every night. And we just enjoyed some much needed time with one another in paradise.


All in all - life has been good. I will share more pics and stories of Maui - but I need to save some stuff to talk about for another day - or what will I talk about?

Here is a new fave recipe that I am excited to share. It's a great brunch recipe, or even for dinner. I made it for my running ladies (who are also my friends BTW, but we all run together so I like referring to them as that) post workout one morning with mamosa's - and it hit the spot. It's easy, it's full of protein, and it will warm you to the core.


Baked eggs with tomato sauce and goat cheese


Homemade tomato sauce (or jarred, whatever you like) - you can find the recipe HERE (just omit the cream that it talks about at the end) - I would 1 - 1.5 cups per dish
2 eggs per person
Goat cheese

Heat the oven to 375.


In individual baking dishes, add tomato sauce.

Place them in the oven for 10 minutes so the sauce heats up.


Crack two eggs into a dish so that you can the drop each egg individually into the baking dish, to prevent them from making one big egg. Crumble goat cheese on top (as much or as little as you like) and if you have it - fresh herbs - parsley and basil would be delicious. Add a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper.


Bake for another 15 minutes.


Serve with a nice slight of toasted baguette or just keep it fresh.

The creaminess of the tomato sauce with the eggs, is warm and so full of flavour.

Loves.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

No kidding MIA! A half marathon and Maui! You rock my friend! So good to check and see you back blogging too...xo